Thursday, August 18, 2011

the storm


It has been a few days since my last post. I have had a hard time being motivated to do much of anything because my pain is getting worse, as each day goes by. I am trying really hard to keep busy and fool my mind into thinking I feel find...Mind over matter! Not working too well for me though! :/

I don't know about you, but music is a huge part of my day! I listen to it in the car, when I clean the house, when I do my devotions, and sometimes even just to listen to it. There are a lot of songs out there that have touched my heart, and I will probably touch base on others at a later time! Today, and the past few days, it is Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns. I posted the lyrics at the bottom of this post, and also a link to the video...It's worth listening to once, and if you don't think so, it only cost you less than 5 minutes! ;)

So, Man...I almost feel like I am needing to write this to myself today! All of the pain and depression and everything going on, is acting as a black hole, sucking me in and creating this downward spiral. The only thing that can really help me out of it, is laying it all down at God's feet and letting go! This song gives me peace...

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus]

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth



Therefore I will give thanks to You among the nations, O LORD, and I will sing praises to Your name ... Psalm 18:49

No comments:

Post a Comment