Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Gotta get better from here...



A little background.

About 9 years ago, I started having aching in my hips and lower back. So, I was also having babies and gaining the weight that sometimes comes with it. As the years went on the pain got increased little by little, however something more important was going on (sincerely) and the pain was "tolerable" so I just pushed it off to the back burner.

About 2 1/2 years ago, doctors in San Diego found "the" source of my pain while doing an xray for another issue. I have what is called protrusio acetabuli. My hips have migrated into my pelvis, and are continuing to do so, slowly but surely. I was sent to the orthopaedic surgeon and he said that the only treatment would be surgery. Hip replacement surgery. Whoa!

So, I moved here to Washington, and the weather is very harsh on me. I am in a lot of pain. Most days I am a 7/10, and some days up to a 9/10. Come to find out (through the dedication of a lot of great docs out here) that I have fibromyalgia, moderate-severe osteoarthritis in the hips and spine, degenerative disk disease throughout my spine, osteopenia in my hips and spine...the list goes on. I am seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist for depression that patterns with my pain. They are encouraging me in my habit/attitude changes!

I titled the blog, Pain Today, What Tomorrow?, because this is my journey and I although I don't know what tomorrow holds, I am confident that it can get better. I just did my vision board (I'll post pics soon).

I am going to try and at least hit one point on my board everyday...Maybe it is something I am struggling with at the moment...Maybe something I can check off my list so to speak.




Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon and learn from me, for am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment