Thursday, August 4, 2011

Footprints in the Sand

I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel so overwhelmed! Caught up in everything that is going on around me! As the pain gets worse and the doctors are able to do less and less, I tend to feel more isolated and alone and depressed and HEAVY! We have all been there!

I posted the poem Footprints In The Sand today. It is on my vision board because Jesus promised to never leave me or forsake me! And He cares for me. One of my favorite passages of the poem is...

"You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, that You would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have been only one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you." (Mary Stevenson)

I know that this is "just" a poem that someone has written, but the truth that it brings, is so important. He helps to carry you through the trials and walks with you through the good times in life. He's ALWAYS there!



Be Strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord you God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 31:6


No comments:

Post a Comment