Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sums it up...

That I a Better Person May Be
Author Unknown


Light that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy majesty
Show me thy gaze
Teach me thy ways
That I a better person may be

Darkness that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy mystery
Show me thy gaze
Teach me thy ways
That I a better person may be

Love that lies deep inside of me
Come forth in all thy unity
Let me be thy gaze
Let me teach thy ways
That I a better person may be

I found this poem online and thought it was beautiful.  Especially since right now is when everyone is planning their "resolutions."  This sums it up.  All we need is the spirit of God to be within us and make us more like Him.  That's what I am asking for me! 

The Light that is within me, is Him.  I want to bring Him out more.  Witness more to people, grow my faith and just keep Him the center of my life.

The darkness, is the depression that keeps flip flopping its way back into my mind/life right now.  I know that the Holy Spirit can take and wipe it away, even better than any medicine alone.

In 1 Corinthians 13, the Lord says that love never fails.  It is said in the Bible that God is Love.  So God never fails.  So, in the last verse of this poem, it is inviting God, (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) to come and abide in you.  I find such peace there.  Iwant him to teach me how and who to love.  Where do I go from here God?

No comments:

Post a Comment