Monday, December 12, 2011

Molly Bear Party

On Saturday night, I went to a Molly Bear party. 

Some of you are well aware of what Molly Bears is...Others of you, may not be. 

The short, very sad story; My friends baby girl, Molly Christine, was still-born at 34 weeks, due to a tight true knot in her umbilical cord.  My friend was given a weighted bear, weighing close to what Molly did, and she found it comforting to sleep with it.  So she started making them for a couple of the other "angel mommies" she had received support from.  From there, Molly Bears came alive!  It is now an official non-profit and has reached EVERY state in the US and several countries!  I am so excited to see Molly live on in this way!!!!

Here is the link for more info... https://www.mollybears.com/TheMollyBearStory.php


SOOOO..A Molly Bears party is where people come together and sew the inserts, stuff the bears, and get them ready for personalization and shipment.  I learned that I can in fact sew...LOL!  It was a very bittersweet time!  I love Bridget and her whole family so much and feel blessed to have the opportunity to be involved in Molly Bears.  But as I sewed the weight inserts, and felt the weight on my lap, I knew that was somebody's BABY!  <3 Some were so tiny they could only hold fluff, others were more than 10 pounds. 

I held myself together there, silently praying for each family as I sewed. I am so glad I went and I had a great time with great conversation!  I look forward to doing it again soon!


REFLECTION:  Something that Bridget and I talked about while we were there, was that we have to look at the kids that we have as our miracles.  We are VERY luck to have healthy, happy kids.  I <3 my boys!

1 comment:

  1. yes Shelly, it is a very emotional time making bears for many reasons. I am so glad we both have gotten to experience it and I bet we will get together to help them. Thank you for this blog. The darn tears start to early LOL but happy tears the families can remember their babies in a small special way! Love ya Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete