Thursday, December 22, 2011

Surprise!

Sam and I try to be the one's to help people out and sometimes catch people by surprise.  Well, the other day, I was the one that was caught bu surprise when the manager of our local commissary wanted to bless me with a $50 gift card for groceries.  They were picking people totally by random, and they chose me!  ME!  

Now, I felt really bad at my initial reaction.  All I could ask is, "why?"  I just wasn't sure if he thought I was someone else or if I had done something...Or perhaps they wanted to hurry me and my rowdy boys out of the store.  :)  He simply said that they just wanted to bless our family with some help with groceries, said a sincere Merry Christmas and walked on.  

As I walked away, people smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.  Then I finished my shopping, keeping my eye out for the manager.  I wanted to get a chance to talk to him when my thoughts were collected.  It wasn't until the very end of my shopping trip that I ran into him.  I told him, "I just wanted to let you know that I am so thankful for the gift that you have given my family.  It was so unexpected and I am not often caught by surprise, hence my ridiculous response before.  So again, thank you so much, it means a lot to my family and I!"

His response..."Not a problem.  It's kind of neat when you get those responses because you know people are really caught off guard.  I see you have 3 hollow-boned boys to feed!  Enjoy the gift card, and have a Merry Christmas!"

I replied, "God bless you!"

He said, "May God bless you and yours!"

I was in pain the whole time, the boys were acting up, and I kept feeling like I was getting in peoples' ways, but it turned into a good day!     

No comments:

Post a Comment