Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dentist...Criiiiinge no more!

Yesterday I faced my fear and went to the dentist for a root canal. After being afraid for the past week and making myself sick all morning, it really wasn't that bad. I had taken some medication the night before and day of to relax me, and I only needed 1 shot of Novocaine!  That is very impressive for me!  Especially because there was an infection in the tooth, which usually makes it difficult to numb it up.  The dentist was very nice and aware that I was nervous and when I was done, gave me a pat on the back. 

Unfortunately, he then said that I have to come back and get another root canal on a molar.  There is a crack in the filling and the decay is above that.  And...more infection.  So I go in on Thursday next week to get it done and I'm not as nervous this time.  At least not as much.  I have to get this done before my hip replacement, and the infection is almost all the way to the sinus cavity, so it NEEDS to be done! 

WISH ME LUCK!   

No comments:

Post a Comment